Inter-War / Bungalow w Federation Influences
No 39 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick with a hipped and gable tiled roof. The building was originally an expression of the Art Deco style. It has since been modified with Federation Bungalow style influences. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust bay and a part width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with post brackets. The verandah extends over the thrust bay to act as a sun hood. It has also been extended to the south to form a carport. The original verandah on the north side of the house has been removed. The thrust bay features a set of casement windows. There is a central door flanked by a set of casement windows. Original windows have been replaced with casement and fixed lights. Walls were rendered at a later date. The roofscape features rendered chimneys and finials.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1942 - 1949: Skeahan, Geoffrey