Late federation / Interwar / Bungalow w Federation Influences
No 39 Irwin Street is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick with a hipped corrugated iron roof. It is a fair expression of the Inter-War Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts. There is a central door flanked by double hung sash windows. The roofscape features a pair of rendered chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1926 - 1928: Jones, Norman
1929 - 1930: Vacant
1931 - 1932: Nicholson, Mrs V. & Lister, James E. & Cave, Robert C.
1933 - 1938: Jarvis, Henry J. & Lister, James E. & Turner, William & Cave, Robert C.
1938 - 1940: Jarvis, Henry J. & Haigh-Howden, Cedric & Turner, William & Cave, Robert C.
1940 - 1946: Reeves, Lionel
1947 - 1949: Jones, Norm