Federation/ Federation Villa with Regency Influences
No. 2 (previously was no. 22) Preston Point road is a single-storey house constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped and gabled, corrugated-iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and a full-width, return, hip-roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on stop chamfered timber posts. A balustrade filled with asbestos cement sheets spans between the posts. The gable bay features a pair of windows and a lunette-shaped vent. The entrance is located on the south elevation under the return verandah. All openings have been boarded up. Walls are limestone with brick quoins. The roofscape is enriched by brick chimneys with rendered caps.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute in the comments below.
1910 - 1941: Fordham, Herbert Wregr
1941 - 1949: Fordliam, Mrs. Florence