No 193 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Arts and Crafts style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and full width, return bull-nose roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on turned timber posts with post brackets. The half-timbered gable bay is set over a bay window. The bay window features several double hung sash windows. The entry door on the east elevation is flanked by casement windows. All openings have quoins. The roofscape features a pair of painted brick chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1925: Tyler, John W.
1926: Johnston, Arthur
1927 - 1932: Tyler, Mrs. P. M.
1933 - 1949: Tyler, Norman G.