194 Canning Highway

194 Canning Highway (map)


No 194A Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone, brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is asymmetrically composed with a gabled thrust bay and a part width bull nose roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with a decorative valance board. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The half-timbered gable bay features a set of casement windows with hopper lights under a sunhood. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and a pair of double hung sash windows. Walls are random coursed limestone with brick quoins. The roofscape features large rendered chimneys.


Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.


1909 - 1910: Bickford, Edger

1911: Lobacher, Isador

1913: Glasson, Mrs. A.

1914 - 1916: Brogan, William M. (B & Mathews)

1917 - 1920: Glasson, Mrs A.

1922 - 1925: Cook, James

1926: Pickett, Edward

1927: Bignall, H.

1928 - 1932: Harmon, Ascar

1933 - 1940: Wyley, Harry

1940 - 1949: Wyley, Mrs. Lucy