No 72 Alexandra Road is a single storey house constructed in tuck pointed brick and rendered brick with a hipped tiled roof. It is a very fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is symmetrically composed with a full width return verandah. The verandah is supported by turned timber posts with post brackets. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The north section of the verandah has been enclosed. The roofscape features tall rendered chimneys and finials. Walls are tuck-pointed brick with rendered string courses. The house is elevated above the garden. The entry door is located on the south elevation under the return verandah. The entry door and hopper light are flanked by sidelights and double hung sash windows.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1926 - 1942: Bateman, Mrs. Mary
1942 - 1946: Breustedt, Mrs. Ivy & Williams, Stan
1947 - 1949: Breustedt, Mrs. Ivy & Gibson, Mrs.