Inter-War / Bungalow w Queen Anne Influences
No 61 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in painted brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and a part width return hipped roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with post brackets. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The half-timbered thrust bay features a set of casement windows under a sunhood. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and a set of casement windows. The roofscape features a pair of rendered chimneys. Render bands run across the facade.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1920 - 1930: Robinson, Walter B. "Stonehurst"
1931 - 1932: Bailey, Charles A.
1933 - 1949: Jones, Robert