Federation / Inter-War / Bungalow w Federation Influences
No 56 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The half timbered gable bay features a pair of double hung sash windows. There is a central front door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and a double hung sash windows. The render to the walls is an alteration. The roofscape features a rendered chimney.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1933 - 1935: Skeahan, Mrs
1935 - 1943: McSherry, Jack
1946: McSherry, John P.
1947 - 1949: Fletcher, Mrs