Late Federation / Interwar / Bungalow w Federation Influences
No 54 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gabled tiled roof. It is a very fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a full width, return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with brackets. A timber balustrade runs between the posts. The facade features a pair of bay windows. The bay windows feature sets of casement windows. Half-timbered gables sit above the bay window. Decorative chimneys create a characteristic roofscape. Render bands run across the facade.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1915 - 1917: Hunt, Oswald J.
1918 - 1923: Patten, Percy H.
1924 - 1926: Drysdale, Simon
1927 - 1939: Drysdale, Mrs Agnes F.
1939 - 1945: Bode, Victor L.
1946 - 1947: Tupper, William G.
1949: Barkley, George R.