No 45 Canning Highway is a single storey building constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped corrugated iron roof. It is a simple expression of the Federation Bungalow style. Its original use was a residence and has since been converted to offices. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a centrally placed front door flanked by pairs of windows. The facade features a full width verandah with a hipped roof. The verandah is on timber posts over a timber floor. Steps lead down to the garden. The entrance is emphasised by a small gable in the verandah roof.
The place has been modified, but retains its basic form.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1910 - 1913: Simper, Henry J. (HJ & FS Ltd)
1915: Monkhouse, Mrs. S. & Miss. M.
1916 - 1921: Wallis, Geofrey G. jun.
1922 - 1935: Williams, Ellas Henry
1936 - 1941: Williams, Ellas Henry
1942 - 1949: Erickson, M.