No 42 Bedford Street is a single storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable tiled roof. It is a very fine expression of the Inter-War Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and a part width return broken back roofed verandah. The verandah terminated at the gable bay and is set on paired timber posts over masonry piers. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by double hung sash windows. The part rendered, gable bay features a pair of double hung sash windows under a sunhood. The roofscape features a pair of rendered chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1925 - 1926: Stobbart, Ralph
1927 - 1937: Davison, William
1937 - 1938: Christie, Colin
1938 - 1941: Rankin, Harold T.
1941 - 1942: McKenzie, Mrs Dorothy
1942 - 1943: Beck, Henry & Priest, Mrs Anne
1944 - 1945: Cole, Phil & Priest, Mrs Anne
1946: Cole, Mrs Betty
1947 - 1949: Gillham, A.