Inter-War / Bungalow w Arts & Crafts Influences
No 37 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in tuck pointed brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gabled tiled roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a full width return hipped roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with post brackets. There is a tall half-timbered gable with rough cast render over the front rooms. The front facade features a lead light casement window and a corner suite window. The entrance door is on the north elevation under the return verandah. The roofscape features rendered chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1926 - 1931: Reilly, Henry Leonard
1932 - 1946: Reilly, Mrs. Ann
1947 - 1949: Constantine, G. L.