No 36 Bedford Street is a single storey house constructed in timber frame and weatherboard cladding with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a central door and hopper light and flanked by side lights and windows. The windows are double hung sash windows flanked by side lights. The facade features a full width skillion roofed verandah set on timber posts. A set of concrete stairs go from the verandah to the street level. The roofscape features a render capped chimney.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1915 - 1923: Spiers, George
1924 - 1925: Jeffrey, John P.
1926: Turnbull, Ronald
1928 - 1932: Back, Ernest George
1933 - 1937: Parry, Arthur
1937 - 1939: Harris, Rodney
1939 - 1941: Harmer, Rod
1941 - 1942: Spiers, Mrs E. & Ralston, Joseph
1942 - 1945: Spiers, Mrs E. & Turner, Mrs
1946: Spiers, Mrs E. & Turner, Frederick J.
1947: Spiers, Mrs E.
1949: Clarke, Frederick B.