35 Canning Highway

ARCHITECTURE

No 35 Canning Highway is a single storey house in limestone and rendered masonry with a hipped and gabled corrugated iron roof. It is a simple expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a prominent gabled thrust bay with an elaborate carved barge board. The facade features a part width bull-nosed roofed verandah on timber posts over a concrete floored verandah with steps leading down to the garden. 
The place has been extensively modified but retains its basic form.
The place is consistent with the pattern of development in Plympton and plays an important role in the pattern of development of a working class suburb.

HISTORY

Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle.

RESIDENTS

1910 -1912  : Dunstan Wm 

1913 - 1914 : Harris Sydney S

1915  : Crombie Geo. A

1916  : Crawford, Jno J K

1917  : Connolly, Jos M

1918 - 1920 : Howson, Edmund

1921 - 1925 : Forrester, James

1926  : Cant Ernest Geo

1927 - 1928 : Hocking, C J

1929  : Jones Wm

1930 - 1939 : Groessler, Francis 

1940 - 1947 : Lancaster Geo A

1949  : Lancaster Mrs Mabel A

35 Canning Highway