No 31 Alexandra Road is a single storey house constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is asymmetrically composed with a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on turned timber posts with post brackets. At the southern end of the verandah there is a set of steps and a gabled entry. The gable features timber fretwork including what appears to be the initials D L. A new front door has been constructed to the eastern end of the return verandah. The front facade features bay windows with French double hung sashes. The roofscape features tall tuck pointed chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1926: Lewis, William Harry
1927 - 1949: Cohney, S. (medical practitioner)