Bungalow w Federation Influences
No 28 Dalgety Street is a single storey house constructed in tuck pointed brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gabled corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a central door and hopper light flanked by side lights and bay windows. The bay windows feature pairs of double hung sash windows. Half timbered gables sit over the bay windows. The facade features a full width bullnose roofed verandah supported on turned timber posts. The roofscape features a pair of render capped chimneys. Render bands run across the facade.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1920 - 1926: Leunig, Charles, "Leura"
1927 - 1932: Brown, James E.
1933 - 1936: Barber, C. H.
1937 - 1942: Barber, Mrs. Flora E.
1944 - 1945: Barber, Mrs. Flora E. & Martin, Miss. Hilda & Coe, Charles
1946 - 1949: Barber, Mrs. Flora E.