No 24 Alexandra Road is a single-storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with an ‘M’ format corrugated iron roof. It is an expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is asymmetrically composed with a gable bay and a full-width return broken back roofed verandah. The verandah extends over the gable bay and is supported on steel posts. A steel balustrade spans between the posts. There is a central door flanked by windows. The verandah has been extended south and modified to fit a basement level garage. The roofscape features a rendered chimney. There are rendered quoins to the original openings. The gable has been simplified and verandah detailing lost.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1926 - 1930: Mumford, Ernest Edward
1931 - 1932: Mumford, Ernest Edward & Leonherdt, Keith
1933 - 1936: Leonherdt, Keith
1936 - 1942: Paddon, William H.
1945 - 1949: Padden, William H.