No 21 Angwin Street is a two storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with a gambrel, hipped and gable tiled roof. There are extensive modifications and additions. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The place is asymmetrically composed with an irregular plan. A hip roofed verandah wraps around the front façade. The verandah spans both storeys and is supported on timber posts. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The central section of the verandah has been extended west. A particular feature of the house is its richly decorative roofscape with gables, finials, decorative fretwork and render capped chimneys. Sets of casement windows are arrayed over the front façade. The place is located on a steep sloping site and addresses the river. As a result the elevation to Angwin Street is largely ignored.
The place retains its form and most of its details. There are additions to the front, rear and side of the house. There is a garage to the east.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909: Price, Edward G.
1910 - 1913: Browne, Robert T.
1914: Dalgleish, Capt. Robert T.
1915 - 1916: Rex, Erust R.
1917 - 1919: Dennis, Percy D.
1921 - 1923: Wardle, Andrew T.
1924 - 1949: Hamilton, Alex P. (J.P.)