No 211 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick with a hipped and gable tiled roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and a part width return hipped roofed verandah. The verandah is set on turned timber posts supported on rendered piers. A rendered balustrade spans between the piers. The thrust bay features a set of casement windows under an awning. The front door is located on the west elevation under the return verandah. The place has sets of casement windows including a corner window suite. The roofscape features a pair of rendered chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1914 - 1916: Foxworthy, John H. (secretary, Fremantle Building Society)
1917 - 1921: Mooore, Charles (builder)
1922: Hockley, Harold
1923 - 1935: Lancaster, Francis Samuel
1935 - 1936: Lancaster, Mrs. Edna
1936 - 1937: Lancaster, Francis Samuel
1937 - 1939: Lancaster Mrs Edna
1939 - 1940: Lancaster, Francis Samuel
1940 - 1942: Lancaster, Mrs Edna
1942 - 1944: Lancaster, Mrs Samuel
1945 - 1949: Lancaster, Mrs Edna