No. 93 Canning Highway is a single-storey house constructed in brick with a hipped ‘M’ format, corrugated-iron roof. It is a simple expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a centrally located front door flanked by bay windows. The facade features a full width, bull-nosed roofed verandah on turned timber posts, with curved frieze boards over a timber floor. Steps lead down to the garden.
The place is consistent with the pattern of development in Plympton and plays an important role in the pattern of development of a working class suburb.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle.
1910: Hamilton, Alex (Hamilton & Co)
1911 - 1923: Hamilton, Alex P, J.P (H & Co)
1924: Ferguson Archd
1925 - 1930: Maru Alexander
1931 - 1935: Johnston, Wm O
1937 - 1938: Harris Albt R
1939 - 1942: Boult Jno
1944: Young Mrs Jessie
1945 - 1949: Young Mrs Jessie