Georgian Domestic Carpenter
No. 81 (previously was no. 145) Glyde street is a single storey houses constructed of limestone and brick with hipped corrugated iron roofs. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a full width bullnosed roof verandah supported between parapet walls. The verandah is supported on timber posts over a timber floor. The timber decks have been extended partially over the front garden. Front doors have hopper lights and are located adjacent to the party wall. The doors are flanked by double hung sash windows with side lights. All openings have brick quoins. A series of stairs lead from street level to the garden and to the verandah.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1910: Sale, Capt. J. J.
1912 - 1914: Broander, Charles O.
1916 - 1917: Heinrichs, William
1918 - 1919: Vacant
1920 - 1922: Austin, Spencer
1923 - 1925: Lupton, William Arthur
1927 - 1928: Cant, W. J. T. H.
1929: Pidgeon, -
1930 - 1940: Hall, Frederick
1940 - 1945: Cotterell, Cyrll G.
1946 - 1947: Morgan, Mrs. Dorothy M.
1949: Harris, George G.