No 79-83 Canning Highway is a single-storey rendered brick building. Low-pitched corrugated iron roofs are concealed by parapets. It is a remnant expression of the Federation period shops with houses to the rear. The street elevations are arranged to accommodate three shopfronts. The original shopfronts and much of the classical detailing has been removed. Only the rhythm of the shops and their roofscape can be read externally. A recently constructed verandah is built out over the pavement.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle.
1910: McCabe, Michael (refresh rooms)
1911: Hartle, Mrs. E. (refresh rooms)
1912: Jelly, Alan Thomas. (refresh rooms)
1913: Joyce, Mrs. B. (wine saloon)
1914: Swartz, Maurice (wine saloon)
1915 - 1922: Miller, Edward J. (wine saloon & frtr)
1923: Reid, Mrs. L. (wine saloon)
1924 - 1926: Laming, C. W. (wine saloon)
1927 - 1937: Saltoggio, N. (wine saloon)
1938 - 1949: Cecchini, B. (wine saloon)