Late Victorian / Early Federation
Queen Anne Villa
No. 77 (previously was no. 139) Glyde street is a single storey residence constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped and gabled corrugated iron roof. It is a very fine example of a Federation Bungalow style house. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a thrust gable bay and part width hip roofed verandah. The thrust bay features a pair of single pane double hung sash window and a gable vent. The verandah is supported on timber posts with a lattice balustrade. Under the verandah there is a front door with a hopper and side lights. The door is flanked by a double hung sash window. All openings have brick quoins. There is a rendered masonry stair from the verandah leading down to the garden.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909: Nelson, Gus
1911 - 1918: Taylor, John H. G.
1920 - 1938: Taylor, John H. G.
1938 - 1942: Macdonald, Mrs. J.
1942 - 1947: Linto, Mrs. M.
1949: Daly Mrs