Late Victorian / Early Federation
No. 68 (previously was no. 100) East street is a single storey house constructed in limestone and rendered brick with a hipped ‘M’ format iron roof. It is a simple expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a central door flanked by windows and sidelights. Intrusive modifications were previously made to the front facade including the enclosure of the verandah. Since 2006 this enclosed verandah has been removed. The facade now features a bullnose verandah supported on timber posts with a decorative frieze set over a concrete floor.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1907 - 1916: Coss, William. J
1917 - 1918: McCutcheon, Robert C.
1919: Murton, C. F.
1920: Tuxford, Albert J.
1921 - 1924: Johnson, James M.
1925 - 1932: Smith, Michael H.
1933 - 1949: Turner, Joseph