Late Victorian / Early Federation
No. 64 (previously was no. 94) East street is a single storey house in limestone and brick construction with a hipped ‘M’ format iron roof. It is a simple expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a central door flanked by windows and sidelights. The facade features a bullnose front verandah supported on timber posts with a decorative frieze over a concrete floor.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1904 - 1911: McDonald, J. C.
1913 - 1916: Dawkins, Harold
1917 - 1934: Ellery, William
1934 - 1935: Ellery, William & Kopp, Arthur
1935 - 1937: Ellery, Mrs Cecily & Kopp, Arthur
1937: Kopp, Arthur
1938 - 1941: Ashton, Eric
1941 - 1942: Gurney, Thomas
1942 - 1943: Brown, Mrs Thelma
1944: Ellery, Mrs Cecily
1945 - 1949: Ellery, Mrs Cecily & Mitchell, Mrs Kath M.