Gabled Terrace w Gothic Influences
No. 57 (previously was no. 103) and No.59 Glyde street is a pair of single storey houses constructed in limestone and brickwork with gabled corrugated iron roofs. The place is a good example of a pair of Federation period houses. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a full width bullnosed roof verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts. Front doors have hopper lights and are located adjacent to the party wall. The doors are flanked by double hung sash windows. The openings have brick quoins. A parapet wall divides the two dwellings.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1915: Brown, George
1916 - 1921: Walters, Fred (brewer)
1922 - 1936:Hunter, David
1936 - 1940: Watt, Mrs. Ada
1940 - 1949: Plumber, Mrs. Mary