Interwar / Porch House Bungalow
No 44 Clayton Street is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. There is a second storey addition to the rear in a similar style. It is an expression of the Inter-War Porch style with extensive modifications. It is asymmetrically composed with a thrust gable bay and a hip roofed porch. The porch is supported on stout square piers. The half-timbered gable bay features a set of double hung sashes and fixed light windows under a sunhood. There is a central door flanked by a set of double hung sashes and fixed light windows. The roofscape features a tall rendered chimney. There is an integral garage to the north.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1941 - 1949: McKenzie, Norm.