No 252 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone, brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a very fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with post brackets. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. A broad set of stairs descend to the garden from the verandah. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and casement windows. Half-timbered gables sit over the windows. There is a render string course and windows have decorative sills. The roofscape features several render capped chimneys. The place sits on limestone foundations.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1916 - 1949: Hodgson, Harry S.