Bungalow w Arts & Crafts Influences
No 24 Hamilton Street is a single storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with a gable tiled roof. It is a fine expression of the Inter-War Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a half-timbered gabled room surrounded by a wrapping hipped roof verandah. The verandah is supported on twin posts set on rendered masonry piers. The facade features a central set of casement windows. The entry door is on the north elevation under the return verandah. The roofscape features brick chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1911: Leithhead, Alex
1912: Jarvis, Daniel
1915 - 1919: Johnson, Charles
1920: Flintoff, William
1921 - 1926: Mombert, Hubert "Brooklyn"
1927: Jolley, Richard S.
1928: Dobson, Major
1929 - 1932: Plummer, John
1933 - 1934: Placanica, Angelo
1934 - 1939: Placanica, F.
1939 - 1946: Messenger, Ernst J.
1947 - 1949: Cobon, Alex