Federation / Inter-War
Bungalow w Queen Anne / Federation Influences
No 23 Hamilton Street is a single storey house constructed in brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The place has been simplified with later alterations. The front elevation is asymmetrically planned with a gabled thrust bay and a part width bullnose verandah. The verandah is supported on turned timber posts with a frieze. The half-timbered gable thrust bay features a bay window with double hung sashes. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and double hung sash windows. There are rendered string courses at sill height and near head level. The roofscape features brick chimneys
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909: Turner, Henry
1910: Glover, Charles
1913 - 1949: Heal, Edward W.