No 224 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone, brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. The place is an expression of the Inter-War Bungalow style. The lot steps down toward Canning Highway. A front addition negotiates the level change with the existing house. The front elevation is asymmetrically composed with a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts. The east section of the verandah has been enclosed and now features a gable roof. The front façade features double hung sash windows. The place sits on limestone foundations. The roofscape features render capped chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1915 - 1920: Jennings, Walter J.
1923 - 1927: Lawton, Walter John
1928: Peters, James
1931 - 1937: Bolton, Cecil C. A.
1937 - 1938: Rail, William
1938 - 1941: Bolton, C. H.
1941 - 1945: Gallagher, Michael
1946 - 1949: Sheridan, Raymond