No 20 Angwin Street is a single storey house constructed in limestone, painted brick and rendered brick with a hipped and gable tiled roof. It is a fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is asymmetrically composed with a full width return hip roofed verandah. A skillion roofed addition is located to the south of the verandah. The addition is a timber framed canopy that extends into the garden. The verandah is supported on timber posts with post brackets. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. The roofscape features rendered capped chimneys. There are three sets of doors and hopper lights to the front façade. Walls are painted limestone with painted brick quoins.
The place retains its form and most of its details. The original tiles have been replaced with the current tiles. There are additions to south and rear. A carport has been added to the south.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909: Dixon, Walter K.
1911: Long, George
1912 - 1922: Robinson, Arthur
1923 - 1924: Smith, Frederick C.
1925: Corlson, Alfred Charles
1926: Parsons, Walter
1927: Beard, Fisher
1928 - 1942: O'Donnell, Francis A. (plumber)
1942 - 1943: O'Donnell Francis A. (plumber) & Greer, H.
1944: O'Donnell, Francis A. (plumber) & Wilsden, Mrs. Dora E.
1947 - 1949: O'Donnell, Francis A. (plumber)