No 200 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone and brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a very fine expression of the Federation Cottage Ornée style. It is asymmetrically composed with a gabled thrust bay and a part width return bull-nose roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with brackets and a lacy carved frieze. The gable bay features a curved head window with double hung sash windows, sidelights and a fanlight. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and double hung sash windows. Walls are random coursed limestone with brick quoins. The roofscape features tall render capped chimneys.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1911: Cross, George
1912: Fontaine, Ernest (Healy & Fo)
1913 - 1920: Bateman, Miss Emma
1922 - 1932: Broomhall, Richard H. "Templetonia"
1933 - 1949: Thompson, George J. B.