No 182 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in limestone and rendered brick with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is a very fine expression of the Federation Bungalow style. It is asymmetrically composed with a gabled thrust bay and a part width, return bull nose roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on timber posts with brackets. A broad flight of steps leads down to the garden from the verandah. The gabled bay features a two-pointed arched window with fixed casement windows and hopper lights. There is a central door flanked by French double hung sash windows. Walls are random coursed limestone with rendered quoins.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909: Locke, Herbert J.
1910: Rex, Ernest R.
1911 - 1914: Sadholz, Wilhelm E.
1915 - 1949: Oxbrow, Herbert H.