No 140 Canning Highway is a single storey house constructed in rendered brick and masonry house with a hipped and gable corrugated iron roof. It is set on a steeply rising site and is a fine example of the Federation Queen Anne style. The lot spans between Canning Highway and Hillside Road. The place is symmetrically composed with a full width return hip roofed verandah. The verandah is supported on turned timber posts. A vertical timber balustrade spans between the posts. There is a central door and hopper light flanked by sidelights and polygonal bay windows. The bay windows feature double hung sash windows. Each bay window extends above the verandah and features a hipped roof. The roofscape features tall render capped chimneys. There is a broad set of steps leading from the verandah to the garden.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1925: Pfuhl, Otto
1926: Baker, Herbert G.