Late Victorian / Early Federation / Georgian Domestic Carpenter
No. 10 (previously was no. 24) Glyde street is a single storey cottage constructed in timber framing and feather edged weatherboards with a hipped corrugated iron roof. It is a good expression of the Federation Bungalow style. The front elevation is symmetrically planned with a central door flanked by single pane double hung sash windows. The facade features a full width skillion roofed verandah supported on stop chamfered timber posts over a timber floor. There is a simple timber and wire balustrade between the posts. An open tread stair spans between the verandah and an elevated garden. A masonry stair spans from the base of the timber stair to the lot boundary.
Research on the history of this property is currently under way by the Museum of Perth in partnership with the Town of East Fremantle. If you have any stories or information about this property, please contribute it in the comments below.
1909 - 1911: Counsel, Walter
1912 - 1920: Harris, Oliver H.
1921: Murray, William E.
1922 - 1932: McCreery, Joseph
1933 - 1935: Graney, J.W.
1935 - 1937: Pengel, Joseph H.
1937 - 1943: Marais, Ralph
1944 - 1945: Honey, Mrs Olga M.
1946 - 1949: Mitchell, Loris A.